The opportunity is closed now. Thanks for your interest.
The Regional English Language Office (RELO) at the U.S. Embassy Islamabad, in collaboration with IREX and Evolution, is pleased to announce the TEA Alumni Conference’19 from April 1 – April 12, 2019 in Islamabad. Fifty TEA alumni from across Pakistan will have an opportunity to participate in a two-week extensive professional development workshop that aims to:
- Strengthen people-to-people ties between the United States and Pakistan through engagement in a wide range of activities promoting exchange of experience, information and expertise.
- Build capacity of local educational community of Pakistan through intensive professional development offered by American specialists and local trainers.
- Create an active network of TEA Alumni in Pakistan harnessing alumni leadership and initiating chapter activities such as special interest groups.
- Present their learning with other participants through conducting workshops, presentations and/or panel discussions.
Who Can Apply?
- Be an alumnus of the Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) Program for Pakistan (all cohorts).
- Be currently living in Pakistan.
- Be willing to stay in Islamabad for the two-week residential conference.
- Be prepared to share their course learning and network with other conference participants.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Be actively engaged within community since completing the TEA Program for Pakistan.
Please note: All participants will be required to stay at the conference venue, attend sessions and participate in all academic and extra-curricular activities for the entire duration of the conference i.e. from April 1 – April 12, 2019. Partial participation is not accepted.
- Round-trip travel from your city of residence to the conference venue in Islamabad. The arrangements will be by economy air or road, considering the distance of travel. No stipend will be provided for en route meals.
- Accommodation and three meals a day for the entire duration of the conference.
- Extensive professional development opportunity offered by American specialists and local trainers.
- Arrangement of enhancement activities such as site-seeing in Islamabad to explore the culture aspect and provide alumni a chance to network with each other through excursions.
- Opportunity to conduct workshop/presentation for peer participants.
Selection Criteria ( not in order of importance):
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching in the field of secondary education through community engagement;
- Demonstrated leadership potential by initiating projects in local community;
- Willingness to network with peer TEA Pakistan alumni to initiate activities to uplift the educational system in Pakistan;
- Willingness to work with a diverse group of TEA alumni from across Pakistan with no discrimination to race, color, ethnicity, appearance and religion.
- Willingness and capacity to work and live collaboratively with peers to foster a positive learning community for professional development.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28, 2019
Should you have questions, please feel free to call 0324 777 4449 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.